Discover Wildlife Science
You see wildlife on state game lands, in parks, and even your own backyard. But, have you ever wondered how biologists ensure Pennsylvania's wildlife thrives? Find out with these activities, lessons, videos and more. Wildlife on WiFi resources support Pennsylvania State Academic Standards for Environment and Ecology.
Activities and Lessons
Wildlife Crime Forensics Activity Set for grades 3–8:
- Introduction Video (16:21 video) and Wildlife Forensics Pre-Test (PDF)
- Case of the Barnyard Bucks – Introduction (1:51 video), Teacher Plan (PDF), Student Worksheet (PDF), and Answer Key (PDF)
- Forensic Observation Lesson (9:54 video) and Activity (3:44 video)
- Case of the Phantom Feathers – Teacher Plan (PDF), Student Worksheet (PDF), Evidence Photos (PDF), Feather ID Chart (PDF), and Answer Key (PDF)
- Wildlife Crime Scene Investigation Kits – Lesson (11:22 video), CSI Kit Activity (5:54 video), Fingerprint Activity (4:33 video), and CSI Kit Wrap-Up (1:00 video)
- Closing (0:18 video) and Wildlife Forensics Post-Test (PDF)
Videos and Watchable Wildlife
Wildlife on WiFi
Our vision is to connect Pennsylvania residents to their state’s wildlife from anywhere. To achieve this, the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s award-winning
Wildlife on WiFi program provides innovative online learning opportunities, virtual lessons and educational resources about wildlife and its conservation.