Game Commission Mobile App
The official app of the Pennsylvania Game Commission. This app provides official information for Pennsylvania hunters and furtakers.
- What’s Near Me? – Use the hunter-focused interactive map to find places of interest that are nearest to your current location. Use the distance slider and layer options to filter results. Layers include: state game lands, license sale locations, wildlife management unit boundaries, waterfowl zones, pheasant release sites, region offices, state parks and more.
- What’s in Season? – See what’s in season by filtering species, date, or management area.
- Share Location – Let friends and family know where you are.
- View fluorescent orange requirements, legal hunting hours, license privileges, seasons and bag limits, and the current Hunting & Trapping Digest regardless of internet connection.
- Report a harvest, violation, road-killed deer, or wildlife emergency.
- Find a license issuing outlet or purchase your license or permit online.
- Check the status of your antlerless deer, elk, or controlled goose hunt application.
- Contact the Game Commission’s region offices and headquarters.
Tips for using the Mobile app
Turn on the location services. The mobile application will only access pertinent location information, in real time, to utilize location-dependent features.
Filter What’s In Season by location. When choosing a location, you can select a Wildlife Management Unit, duck zone, goose zone, elk management area, or all.
External links. Some links will take you outside of the app and require an internet connection. They are designated with a box and arrow icon to the right of the link. Example: www.sharedeer.org.
Using the Map.
- Use the compass icon, top right, to see the map legend.
- Use the menu button, top right, to find additional layers. Tap the arrow next to a heading for sub menus.
- Use the folding map, top left, to change the map’s base layer.
Using the Near Me feature.
- Tap Near Me to bring up a filter selection.
- Select a distance and layer(s) of interest, then tap Filter Results.
Future Features in the Works
Some features are already in the hopper for future enhancements
- KNOWN PROBLEM: Some external links will not offer an option BACK to the app and you will need to close the app to restore functionality. We are working on this.
- What’s Near There. We have a what’s Near Me feature, we’re working on what’s Near There that could be used for planning trips away from your current location.
- Links and alerts to News Releases
- Reporting a violation to the appropriate region office based on your current location (the way the Report a Road-killed Deer feature works)
- Returning a list of the nearest bear/elk check stations from your current location (rather than the static .pdf information from the Digest)
- Better viewing of the Digest within the app (if no service is available to use the mobile Digest)
- Push notifications