Begin Main Content Area

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Antlerless Deer Licenses

NEW FOR 2024-25


  • Monday, June 24, 2024: Resident antlerless license sales open for WMUs 1B, 2G, and 3A only on a first come, first served basis ​until sold out.
  • Thursday, June 27, 2024: Resident antlerless license sales open for all remaining WMUs. Resident licenses are guaranteed for these WMUs in the first round only​ through July 7, 2024.

Act 148 of 2022, allows the Pennsylvania Game Commission to modernize and simplify how antlerless deer licenses are sold.

  • New antlerless deer license changes were announced at the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners meeting on April 12, 2024.
  • Please ensure your contact information is correct in your online profile at HuntFishPA. The agency will be mailing all hunting license buyers a post card with information related to the new process.
  • All new hunters should create their user profile/CIDs prior to June 24 to streamline sales. 
  • Resident antlerless deer licenses cost $6.97 and nonresident antlerless deer licenses cost $26.97.

Important Antlerless Deer License Dates: 

  • Antlerless licenses for WMUs 1B, 2G, and 3A only will go on sale Monday, June 24, 2024, for residents on a first come, first served basis. Antlerless licenses for all remaining WMUs will be guaranteed for residents from Thursday, June 27-Sunday, July 7, 2024. Remaining antlerless licenses will be available to nonresidents on a first come, first served basis on Monday, July 8, 2024.
  • A second round will begin Monday, July 22, 2024. Residents and nonresidents are eligible.
  • A third round will begin Monday, August 12. The sale of Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) permits also will begin on this date.
  • Then, in the fourth round beginning Monday, August 26, 2024, a hunter can buy additional licenses until reaching their personal limit of six.
  • The 2024-25 deer season starts September 21, 2024, and ends January 25, 2025. ​
  • The exception for the beginning of the sales period is for landowner antlerless deer license buyers.  Resident and nonresident landowner antlerless deer licenses will be available at participating county treasurer locations only.​

Huntfish Logo.jpg

 Accordion ‭[3]‬

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

​Antlerless Deer License Rounds​

There are a total of four rounds to purchase an antlerless deer license.  Antlerless deer licenses can now be purchased online and at PGC license issuing agent locations. Please review the round dates, requirements, and location of sales.

*Personal Limit - Every hunter has the same personal limit; one antlerless deer license per round in the first three rounds. In the fourth round, a hunter is eligible for UP TO six antlerless deer licenses total. ​

 Accordion ‭[1]‬

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

​Antlerless Deer WMU Quota and Map

Review the WMU location and quota availability before purchasing your Antlerless Deer License

 Accordion ‭[2]‬

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

​PGC Issuing Agents

Antlerless Deer Licenses can be purchased at PGC agent locations.  Review what agents can issue at their location and find an agent near you.

 Accordion ‭[4]‬

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

Armed Forces and Disabled Veteran Deer Licenses

These antlerless deer license types are guaranteed licenses. A qualified hunter that meets the below requirements can purchase the license in any round. If the WMU is sold out at the time of purchase, the Armed Forces and Disabled Veteran Antlerless Deer licenses are guaranteed to be issued the WMU of choice. Only one of the guaranteed licenses can be purchased by a hunter per deployment per license year.


 Accordion ‭[5]‬

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

​Antlerless Deer License FAQ

​​​Huntfish Logo.jpg

Contact Us

Have questions related to the upcoming antlerless license purchasing changes? Contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission by calling 1-833-PGC-HUNT and pressing "2" to be directly connected with the Licensing Division or by emailing