The Pennsylvania Game Commission is active on several social media platforms for the purpose of informing, engaging and educating the public about the agency’s mission: Managing Pennsylvania’s wild birds, wild mammals, and their habitats for current and future generations.
Whether members of the public “like” the Game Commission on Facebook or “follow” it on Twitter and/or Instagram, the agency hopes Pennsylvania wildlife enthusiasts find these modern ways to connect with favorite places, species and activities to be enjoyable, informational and educational.
Please note that all official Pennsylvania Game Commission pages are verified by the platform and each page denotes this by having a blue check mark next to the page name. Be aware of social media accounts and posts attempting to falsely misrepresent the agency.
See below for information about the Pennsylvania Game Commission social media pages, including the posting policy.
Pennsylvania Game Commission Social Media Posting Policy
The Pennsylvania Game Commission is the state's wildlife agency responsible for managing the state's wild birds, wild mammals, and their habitats for current and future generations. The purpose of the agency's social media accounts is to promote its mission, share its news, engage with followers, and provide general information and education related to wildlife conservation efforts in the state.
These pages are a family-friendly, open forum where people with an interest in wildlife conservation can share information, ask for advice and/or express responsible, respectful opinions. Game Commission staff members are not able to respond to every question or comment, but they will make an effort to provide pertinent, timely information.
The Game Commission welcomes open discussion on its social media pages. However, page users are encouraged to keep comments and posts clean to maintain a family-friendly environment. Please know that at the discretion of Game Commission, comments and other interactions on agency pages, once posted, can be discarded if they:
- Contain obscene, vulgar, profane, violent or hateful language;
- Contain personal attacks or threats of any kind;
- Target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group;
- Are considered spam or include links to other sites;
- Are considered clearly off topic or repetitive;
- Are considered potentially libelous (false statements);
- Advocate, suggest or encourage illegal activity;
- Promote services or political candidates or organizations;
- Infringe on copyright or trademarks;
- Include private or personal information;
- Contain gory or disturbing imagery;
- Contain drug or alcohol;
- Tend to threaten, defame, bully or harass other users; and/or
- Tend to compromise the safety or security of the public.
Activity on all Game Commission social media sites is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies. Page users engage with the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s social media channels at their own risk and assume responsibility for comments or any information provided. The agency reserves the right to ban and remove repeat offenders from the page.
External links on the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s social media pages do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the agency. Questions about this policy can be directed to email@example.com.