Deer Weight Estimating Chart
The chart below will help you estimate your deer's live weight, field dressed weight and also edible meat weight.
How to use this chart:
- Chest/Girth = Measure the chest just behind the front legs
- Live Weight = Live deer on the hoof
- Field Dressed = body cavity cleaned out (no entrails)
- Edible Meat = Boneless edible venison
- Weight is in pounds (lbs.)
* The above chart was produced with information collected by the Pennsylvania State University Department of Dairy and Animal Science, and the Pennsylvania Game Commission.