1. Eligibility: The Pennsylvania Game Commission Mentored Fall Turkey Hunt ("mentored hunt") is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania nonresident license holders who are 12 years of age or older. All applicants under the age of 18, must have approval from parent or legal guardian to apply. Employees of the Pennsylvania Game Commission and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to apply. The mentored hunt is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the mentored hunt. Being selected to participate in the mentored hunt is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Sponsor: This mentored hunt is sponsored by The Pennsylvania Game Commission, 2001 Elmerton Ave, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
4. Application Period: Pennsylvania residents and Pennsylvania nonresident license holders are eligible to apply for the mentored hunt starting on Tuesday, August 1, 2023. To apply, interested individuals must complete a mentored hunt application form found on the Pennsylvania Game Commission's website. To qualify, applications must be complete and submitted by Friday, September 15, 2023. Applications submitted before August 1, 2023 or after September 15, 2023 will be disqualified. Applications will be accepted for the duration of the mentored hunt application period online only. The Pennsylvania Game Commission's computer is the official timekeeping device for the mentored hunt application period.
5. How to Enter: The Pennsylvania Game Commission is sponsoring its first mentored fall turkey hunt on Saturday, November 4, 2023. Pennsylvania residents and nonresident license holders 12 years of age or older who submit a mentored hunt application are eligible to be selected as a mentee for this mentored hunt. Game Commission staff will review each application to make sure it meets the minimum application requirements; eligible applications will be entered into a drawing. A total of five applicants will be randomly selected to be mentees during the mentored hunt. All applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15, 2023. Applications must be 100% complete to qualify with all questions answered and must include the applicant's first and last name, age, and contact information. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any application, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
6. Drawing: Game Commission staff will review each application to make sure it meets the minimum application requirements; eligible applications will be entered into a drawing. A total of five applicants will be randomly selected to be mentees during the mentored hunt. The odds of being selected depend on the number of applications received. Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the mentored hunt and the selection of the potential mentees are final and binding in all matters related to the mentored hunt.
7. Mentee Notification: The Pennsylvania Game Commission will attempt to notify the selected mentees via phone and email following the conclusion of the application period on Monday, September 18, 2023. If any of the potential mentees cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Game Commission may select an alternate potential mentee in his/her place from the remaining non-winning, eligible applications.
8. Mentee Requirements: Being selected as a mentee is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a selected mentee of the mentored hunt cannot be contacted or is unavailable to participate in a mandatory orientation on Friday, November 3, 2023 or the mentored hunt on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania the selected mentee forfeits his/her spot. Selected mentees under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present during both the mandatory orientation and mentored hunt day, if the mentee cannot secure a parent or guardian the selected mentee forfeits his/her spot. To participate as a mentee, selected individuals must be able to purchase a 2023-24 Pennsylvania general hunting license and can legally use a firearm in Pennsylvania. Selected mentees must be able to traverse over rough terrain and in variable weather conditions for up to 5 miles to participate in this mentored hunt. If a mentee cannot purchase a valid hunting license, legally possess a firearm, or traverse long distances, the selected mentee may be disqualified. If a potential mentee is disqualified for any reason, the Pennsylvania Game Commission will award the mentee spot to an alternate mentee from among all remaining eligible applications. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held for each disqualified applicant, after which the mentee spot will remain unawarded. The sponsor reserves the right to hold the mentored hunt at a later date if weather or other unforeseen circumstances prevent the mentored hunt from happening on November 4, 2023.
9. Mentee Selection: A total of 5 applicants will be selected to participate as mentees during the mentored hunt. These individuals will receive an opportunity to be mentored by an experienced turkey hunter and potentially with trained dogs to harvest a turkey on Saturday, November 4, 2023 in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, mentees agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the mentored hunt or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the mentored hunt constitutes each mentee's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of recipent's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the mentored hunt, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the mentored hunt, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the mentored hunt mentee spots or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the mentored hunt application or selection process may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the mentored hunt application and selection process; (2) technical disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process, selection process, or the mentored hunt; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the processing of applications or selection of mentees; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the mentored hunt or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is to submit another application via Game Commission website, if it is possible. If the mentored hunt application period, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible applicants received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of applicants above will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of applicants to be selected as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this mentored hunt or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants' rights and obligations, or the right and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the mentored hunt, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
16. Mentee List: To request the name of the mentees selected send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Pennsylvania Game Commission: Mentored Fall Turkey Hunt, 2001 Elmerton Ave, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Mentee List requests will only be accepted after the mentee notification date (listed above). For the Mentee List, you can also send an email to email@example.com.